New Sidebar Section – Businesses We Support
I finally got around to doing something I’ve meant to do for quite a while which is to have a separate section in the sidebar for the businesses I support. Until now they’ve been lumped in with the causes I support and I thought it would be the right thing to do to keep them separate. I say that these are businesses that I support because I haven’t run ‘em by Kath and Glenn yet
[UPDATE] I’ve finally had the chance to discuss it with Kath and Glenn and the new section is now Businesses We Support.
In the interest of full disclosure, only one business asked if I would mind adding something to my blog which was Silencerco and I’m happy to do so because they make a good product and they’re good people. Infinite Arms, New Frontier Armory, Ranger Up, and Life, Liberty, Etc. are there because I like ‘em, they’re good people, and they have great stuff. None of these businesses has offered me any form of compensation for this and all but Silencerco had no idea they’d be up there. Of course, I’m going to email ‘em shortly to let ‘em know about it
For those not familiar with these businesses, I’ll give a quick rundown of who they are and what they do
- Infinite Arms is a Class 07 FFL/SOT and dealer in Las Vegas. Manufacturing and dealing in firearms is what they do. The Class 07 FFL/SOT designator means that Infinite Arms can legally manufacture and sell many NFA items (firearms regulated under the National Firearms Act of 1934) such as short barreled rifles (SBR), short barreled shotguns (SBS), Any Other Weapons (AOW), and suppressors. They can also manufacture machine guns, but those can only be sold to law enforcement agencies, military agencies, and approved foreign governmental agencies. They can also manufacture normal, non NFA firearms as well. Infinite Arms has great prices across the board and incredible customer service. They buy, sell, consign, and trade in just about any legal type of firearm you can think of. Infinite Arms is a great partner in the local shooting community helping to organize local shoots and bringing fun firearms for us to try our hand with that most of us would otherwise not have the chance to experience. They don’t charge for the use of the firearm, only for the ammunition and even then only the normal price as seen in the store. If you have any questions, you can give them a call at 702-920-0804 any day but Tuesday and Thursday between 1000 and 1800 Pacific time. Infinite Arms is also on Facebook if you’re on that site as well.
- New Frontier Armory is a Class 03 FFL/SOT which means that while they can’t manufacture NFA items, they can legally deal in them. Of course, they can also deal in your more normal, every day, non-NFA firearms as well. They’re collocated with Infinite Arms at 150 E. Centennial Pkwy #110 in the city of North Las Vegas. Just go to the intersection of North Fifth and Centennial and look for the shopping center with Buffalo Wild Wings. As with Infinite Arms, New Frontier Armory has great customer service, very low prices, and if they don’t have what you want in stock, they’ll do everything they can to get it for you. I purchased my Kel-Tec PF-9 from them earlier this year and I can’t say enough good about them. You might want to check out the New Frontier Armory page on Facebook as well. [UPDATE] Thanks to a kind word from Guido, I’ve been made aware that New Frontier Armory has a blog – click here to check it out
- Silencerco is based in Utah and makes some of the best suppressors on the market today. I worked with Josh Waldron, their CEO, quite a bit via email when I was writing my posts about their Sparrow and Osprey suppressors and it was a great experience. Josh went out of his way to get me a picture of the component parts for the Osprey as it’s a sealed unit and I couldn’t just take one apart. They’re an innovative design and the reviews so far have been outstanding. If you’d like to see some of the independent reviews from major magazines, check out Silencerco’s blog. If you’re on Facebook, you should check out Silencerco’s Facebook page while you’re there.
- Ranger Up is a clothing company that was created by veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Their clothing is decidedly not politically correct and I love it. They support wounded warriors and their families as well as the families who have been left behind by those who’ve given their lives in service to the United States. They also sponsor several mixed martial arts fighters which I think is pretty cool, too. Their website isn’t just a store, so make sure you check out The Rhino Den and hit ‘em up on Facebook while you’re at it, too.
- Life, Liberty, Etc. is the place where I got a couple of the shirts you see me in so frequently as well as a couple of the stickers on the back window of my car. I found out about them via Oleg Volk and there’s plenty of stuff I’d like to buy in the not too distant future. Make sure to check out their gear and their Facebook page – it’s good stuff.
So there you have it – These are business that I personally support and that I do so not for compensation but because I think it’s the right thing to do :) I highly recommend getting in touch with them if you’re in the market for their products
Have fun, everyone