Coleman 425B – Painted and Assembled
OK, who’s still following along with me on the stove renovations ?
It’s getting close to being done! I’ve managed to get it de-rusted, primed, painted, and now reassembled :D I probably should have left it all alone to dry a little longer, but I just couldn’t help myself.
Here are some more before and after pics:
It’s not really apparent, but the manifold and burners look quite a bit different from the case. They’re a genuine flat aluminum color where the case and tank are a brushed semi-gloss aluminum. There’s a reason for this other than an artistic decision. The case and tank were done with Rustoleum and the burners, manifold, and grate were done with VHT 2000° paint. Call me crazy, but I wanted to make sure the paint on the burners would stand up to the heat
It’s a night and day difference to me even aside from the color change, but I might be a little biased
The top shows some improvement, but you can still see the same dents. I didn’t want to worry about trying to take out dents on this stove.
All I did on the bottom was use some toilet bowl cleaner and a wire wheel on a drill to get the rust out. I wasn’t about to try to use solder, welding, or even Bondo to fill in the pits. I just gave everything two coats of primer and two coats of color. My main concern was stopping the rust from growing and ruining the whole thing over time, but I figured I could make it look a bit better while I was at it
The next step will be adding a bit more decoration. I’m probably going to leave it alone for a couple of days and see what I can come up with idea wise. I already have a basic theme idea, but I’m trying to work out the specifics. I think it’s working out fairly well so far
That’s all for now, but I’ll be back soon
Have a great day, everyone
2 comments to Coleman 425B – Painted and Assembled
128 queries. 0.752 seconds.